ShotguntornadoShotguntornado

Main Movies Favorites Reviews Stats

Monster Monster

I recommend you hold off on the introduction of each of the instruments for a single drop. Since the song constantly evolved and grew, there wasn't a single moment that hit, and thus there wasn't a moment to really look forward to.

XdEsignS responds:

Thanks for the feedback I will defiantly work some more on that and change some things up thanks man stay awesome

The Main Event The Main Event

I like the meat of the song; most of it is pretty solid. The things that rubbed me the wrong way were the sound of the guitar (too tinny and distorted; it sounded hollow), and the inconsistency of the melody. The song transitions between a few different sections, and it does so a couple times. And while this isn't a bad thing necessarily, each section was a little too different from the others, and there wasn't any single melody that stood out among them. This left the song feeling disjointed and didn't leave us a single hook to look forward to.

HipnikDragomir responds:

Indeed, you described it perfectly. My amateur ass still can't take the time to compose something consistent. I recorded the guitar with my little digital recorder, so that's why it's sub-par. The two main sections are certainly very different, but I wanted something like that. Overall, I agree it's mediocre. Thanks for the swanky review.